Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Random Thoughts and Snippets

We had so much fun at the Circle of Friends Event at Trax Farms. Not only did we have the opportunity to talk about and sell our craft, we had the chance to meet some amazing people, both fellow crafters and customers.

From each event, from almost every sale, we learn something. During each show we make observations and create a list of strengths and areas to improve on. Our brains are always working. That being said, I wanted to share some of our random thoughts and snippets of conversations.

One of the things that is always so shocking for us to hear is, 'Oh my goodness! We're friends with you on Facebook! I follow all your posts.' I have no idea why this is so surprising for us to hear, afterall Facebook is this very public, international thingy that runs amok on the interwebz. But sometimes, we just forget. Thank you for reading our posts and commenting. It is so nice to hear that one of the posts made you laugh or that you loved one of our pictures.

One thing we repeatedly heard was, 'What the? What? What is that and who are you?' We've actually said this a few times to ourselves. We get it- sometimes it is hard to understand all the things we do. And it tickles us that we keep you guessing.


New hats from JSpirik Designs
We met so many great artists! Who knew the zombie making, found object sculpture duo would become friends with a talented lady who crochets hats. Secretly, she had Scott the minute she agreed to make him a skull hat. Special thanks to her family for welcoming us! But on the downside, we will need to do a lot more shows just to be able to support our new shopping habit.





During the show, I couldn't help but secretly crush on a few displays, After Dinner DesignsBrown Bird Green StringPapyrusaurus to name a few. Taking in the beauty of the handmade items and the aesthetics, I wondered how each artist made their tables look so appealing, cohesive and effortless.

As I walked around to meet some of the other artists, I was greeted two different ways, 'Um, aren't you with the guy in the Motörhead shirt?' or 'Oh. You're over at that table with those sculpture things that we keep hearing about.' In all honesty, I really didn't know how to respond. Initially, well, I thought perhaps I should deny it, claim amnesia. Then I felt paranoid as to why people were talking about us.

(Note to self, after the show donate the Motörhead shirt to Goodwill.)


From little kids who wanted to play with the insects and guess every part to the people who said, 'My children, my grandchildren would love this,' our found object sculptures were a hit with a variety of demographics.  
 
The telephone monster went to a new home, and even though he was my favorite creation, I know he will bring a smile to his new owner. We really do miss the walrus. He was such a good listener. No worries, there is a hippo in progress. While she may never be able to replace the walrus, I will be able find it inside myself to somehow go on.

Thank you everyone for making this show a success and for making us feel pretty darn awesome.  



1 comment:

  1. Aw, thanks for digging my display! I can tell you my "secret" is that I'm too cheap to buy actual displays for anything and I happen to have lots of sticks laying around. So, ta-da! It initially had very little to do with aesthetics, but luckily ended up tying a nice little theme together and not looking half bad in the process. It was really great meeting you and I'm so glad that walrus went off to a new home. He was completely awesome. I look forward to seeing what else you crazy kids have up your sleeves!

    ReplyDelete