Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Brooch Bouquet: Part 1



Some of the pretties!


Pearly clusters!
I love love. And happiness. I also love centerpieces, floral arrangements, chandeliers, and wedding dresses. Oh, and cake!  Whether it's a beautiful wedding cake, a birthday cake or small bites of heaven in the form of a cupcake, I love it! Throw in a little fun, some DIY, a touch of glitter, and Pinterest, and it's really no surprise that I find myself helping several brides with their weddings.





Green gorgeous!
One of the things I'm super excited to start working on is a vintage brooch bouquet! I just adore these glittery, vintage, shabby chic bouquets. In addition to creating the bouquet for the lovely bride, I am creating a boutonniere for the groom and a smaller bouquet for one of her attendants. Yikes! No pressure.

I have read through several tutorials on creating the brooch bouquets, and of course they all seem so easy! But honestly, I have my doubts. There is something daunting and rather sweat inducing about wire wrapping 50-85 brooches, earrings, and pendants in a pattern to somehow, almost magically, create a floral bouquet that is not only beautiful, but elegant and tasteful.


Golden gems!
So follow me as I begin this journey of creating the brooch bouquets and boutonniere. You will see the joys, the heartaches, the happiness, and the frustration. And of course, pictures of it all!




No comments:

Post a Comment